Monday, March 28, 2011

Ombres Perlee de Chanel

If any of you follow me on Twitter (@Haute_Style), you'll know I'm completely OBSESSED with all things Chanel and the new SS11 cosmetics collection is no exception!

After browsing the range, I was completely enthralled and obsessed by the limited edition Ombres Perlee de Chanel palette. This palette (and the whole collection) draws inspiration of Mademoiselle Chanel's favourite jewel- the pearl. Mademoiselle Chanel loved how pearls had the capacity to illuminate the face in any light and this inspiration is what Chanel Creative Director, Peter Phillips used whilst creating the collection.



Ombres Perlees de Chanel palette

Peter Phillips was inspired from different coloured pearls around the world when creating the colours for this palette- from the blackest of black pearls, to the most pure and angelic of whites. It's so easy to fall head over heels in love with these elegant colours!
I've swatched the palette in both natural and artificial light so you can see how perfect the pigments look in any situation.

 Natural light- the lighter pigments still "pop" with a hint of shimmer whilst the darker colours are quite matt.


Artificial light- this is when the pigments really shine (no pun intended). These colours are the right mix of "grown up shimmer" without looking too cheap.

Having five intense colours in the palette means the consumer can create endless looks! I've included Karl Lagerfield and Lisa Eldrige's interpretations as well as a couple of my own! Let me know what you think!

Karl Lagerfield's interpretation used for the SS11 Chanel Fashion Show




MY INTERPRETATION

My first look is a winged smokey eye. I've not retouched any of my photos so blemished skin, bad lighting and untamed brows are all on show. Please be kind when commenting!

I used predominantly the black and white shades of the palette in this look.








The next look is a much softer, elegant look. I used all the colours of the palette- the pink shade all over the lid, the purple shade in the crease, the black as an eyeliner, the khaki as the bottom shading and the white on the brow bone. I'd wear this look to work as I think it's the quintessential "classic" Chanel look (I could be completely wrong but it's my interpretation).






So what do you think? I think I need a heavy duty concealor and better lighting :\


In hindsight I really wished I had bought the cream palette instead of the powder. I find it a little hard to blend the powder and there's a fair bit of fallout (which is easily cleaned but annoying nonetheless) and the shadows seem to crease throughout the day as well.

Apart from those minor criticisms, I highly recommend this product! I've been using the palette everyday since I bought it a few weeks ago and have been doing a different look each time so this palette is definitely worth the investment (it's $100).

Now, all I need to get are all the other items from the collection. I foresee MORE BUDGET CUTS! :D

Ombres Perlee de Chanel can be bought at all Chanel stores but for a limited time only, so HURRY!


Chanel SS11 Collection


Keep it Haute!

Anni xox

11 comments:

  1. Those colours look gorgeous swatched!

    And I love your interpretation of the looks- you always do smokey eyes so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the looks you have done, they're stunning! I especially like the first one with the super-dramatic black/white shadows. It'll look so HOT teamed with nude lips.

    Oh and your eyebrows are tame in comparison to mine :)

    Lilit
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to get this palette so bad but can't justify the $100 price tag. I think the colours are beautiful and pearly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol the eyeshadow quint is in my wishlist =p found out DJ QP already sold out of it. but not to worry, other stores still have them i think =)

    nice smokey eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, the colours are just so so so so beautiful! Now I want this >_< I didn't before!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Palette looks amaaazing and your look is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous eye looks, loved your interpretations! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg GORGEOUS!! Love both looks that you did. If I end up buying this palette, I will totally blame you lol. So pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like such a pretty palette - too bad I'm a gal with a budget at the moment.
    Your smokey eye looks awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Chanel too! So far all I can afford from their range is cosmetics only:) and I do love it... these eye shadows def worth to be on lust list!
    xoxo
    Marusya V
    http://crashingred.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey girl, thank you for commenting and visiting my blog ;)

    Us in Brisbane should really do a meet up! ^__^ Get to know other bloggers too hehehe...

    Gosh Chanel cosmetics are so... lovely... I want! I like!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog :) If you have any advice, questions, or just like to chat, please leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...