Saturday, April 9, 2011

Bobbi Brown Correct and Conceal Review

I've been on the search for a little while for a heavy duty concealer that will cover the extensive pigmentation I have around my eyes. I asked all the beauties on Twitter what they recommended and the Bobbi Brown Correct and Conceal product had so many mentions I knew I had to try it!


What does Bobbi Brown say?
"Conceal and set in one portable kit. Bobbi’s Creamy Concealer blends easily to instantly cover and brighten dark circles. It also helps maintain skin’s moisture"

What I say...
This is a delightful product and lives up to everything Bobbi Brown has said it would do. I really like that they've included a cream and powder product in one compact and I've found it really covers my pigmentation and dark circles. Also, the formula lasts for a reasonable amount of time without needing to be touched up. The corrector (cream) is best applied with fingers and the concealer (powder) with a fluffy soft blending brush (MAC 217, Illamasqua Blending Brush No. 1).

Pros:
  • Cream and powder product in same purse friendly compact
  • Corrector adequately covers pigmentation and dark circles
  • The Concealer sets the corrector so it doesn't budge and removes shine
  • Mirror inside the compact for touch ups on the go
Cons:
  • It's expensive- Approx $65
  • The corrector can begin to sweat in the compact if it's left in the heat for too long


Before- redness, freckles, dark circles


After- perfect



                            
 As you can see, it really has fixed all my under eye ailments, BUT, due to the hefty price tag I'm not 100% sure I will repurchase- maybe when it comes on Strawberrynet!

What concealers do you recommend? I'd love to know- I think I'm turning into a Conceal-aholic!

Hope this was helpful!

Keep it Haute

Anni xox


11 comments:

  1. It looks like it gives a nice finish :)

    I currently use Laura Mercier secret concealer and By Terry Touche Voloute, next I want to try mac studio finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your freckles babe, it's super cute! And your eye makeup is just SMOKING! (no pun intended LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE! I really want to get the corrector! And I love your freckles! I have random, spastic ones...so not cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard lots about this too! I am so glad you posted this review - I will definitely check it out. I have heard that the Estee Lauder Double wear concealer is good but haven't tried it, something that is on my wishlist too amongst other things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your freckles are cuteee! Don't be hating on them :P

    I've so been meaning to try this, and your post has me wanting to run to Bobbi Brown stat! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Emily- I think I have the most randomest freckles ever! I'm sure yours are lovely xox

    @DaniiBeauty- I'll have to look at the Estee Lauder concealer! Thanks for the rec!

    @Jess- Thanks Jess- The girls at Bobbi Brown will treat you like the royal you are xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found the EL DW concealer is very good and long-lasting, but was a little too drying for me. Glad you're enjoying the BB, I swear by it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want freckles! But I don't have any =( But am glad you are enjoying the BB Concealer. I didn't believe the hype till I joined it !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @POP! Did you find the EL concealer drying because you have dry skin? I think I'll trial that one next!

    @Becomingbeautiful- Freckles are a curse to me. I'd give anything for clear, flawless skin! Thanks though

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooh this looks good. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a photographer. I use a red filter on my film camera to remove some freckles, but I agree with one person here in that freckles are great ! Thanks for your add on twitter. great site here

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog :) If you have any advice, questions, or just like to chat, please leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...