Monday, August 8, 2011

Maybelline Liquid & Powder Foundation Review & Swatches


Continuing on my drug store foray is this post on Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation and Stay Matte Powder Foundation


The Liquid

The Powder


The Short? Yeah it's nice... no where near as good as my Chanel Pro Lumiere or Illamasqua Rich Foundation. A good "weekend" or "Damn I Just Broke My Chanel Foundation On The Tiles And Don't Get Paid For Another Two Weeks So I Need A Back Up Foundation ASAP" alternative.

Yes I actually broke my Pro Lumiere on the tiles D:

The Long:

I got this from Target after hearing so many nice reviews from fellow bloggers. I was very sceptical about it's longevity and coverage- I guess you could call me a foundation snob!

Who am I kidding?! My name is Annica and I'm a FOUNDATION SNOB.

But I like to try anything once so I bought it and have been trialling it for a couple of weeks.

Looking on the website, Maybelline says my skin should look like THIS wearing the foundation:

I should have an "airbrushed" look- no flaws, pigmentation, circles, pores etc. This is just what I look for in a foundation! NICE ONE MAYBELLINE!

How It Looks On The Skin


Bare skin- I'm so pale I sparkle in the sun


Apply a wee little dot


Worked into the skin- such a nice orange glow! *sarcasm*


Dream Liquid Mousse with Stay Matte Powder over the top- it's dulled down the orange thank GOSH!






Before                                                              After


Does It Deliver What It Promises?

1. Poreless finish?
I don't have very large pores so I can't vouch for this.

2. Air-brushed Natural Perfection?
It evens out my skintone but doesn't last the whole day. I need to re-apply at lunch time and powder my T-zone ever couple of hours... "Stay Matte"? I don't think so...

3. Blends effortlessly for a flawless finish
It blends nicely (I use my Illamasqua foundation brush to apply) and doesn't have too much shine. A light dusting of powder on my T-zone sets the foundation nicely.
The foundation has a nice consistency- not too runny, not too viscous.

Would I Re-Purchase?
I would but only for a back-up foundation. I honestly can't fault my Chanel or Illamasqua and I'm ready to invest in the price tag and scrimp on other things.

The powder is nice for quick touch ups during the day- it comes with a mirror and a sturdy case so I know it's not going to fall apart in my bag. The sponge applicator is a bit of a joke so I use a brush to work it into the skin.

RRP: $25 for Dream Mousse, $20 for Stay Matte Powder Foundation
Buy It From: Priceline, Target, Kmart, Big W, Selected chemists and supermarkets!

Have any of you tried this foundation? What are your HG foundations?

Keep it Haute!

Anni xox


5 comments:

  1. I get super oily in a a few hours after using this. Happy to use BB Cream or Rimmel for the oil free formula!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this in.. i think porcelain, and i mix it with my nc20 pretty much everyday and they seem to go nicely together! Well for me they do anyway

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to use this foundation ages ago but found it soo hard to find anywhere that stocked my colour (Light 1)
    Im on to my second tube of the Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation :D Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great review, I've often contemplated this and want to try it out. I smashed my bronzer on the tiles this morning =( Painful, but def not as bad as your break (it was Rimmel, not Chanel)
    My condolences! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried the liquid foundation and I probably preferred the SuperStay anyway in terms of Maybelline liquid foundation. But I've tried the powder (Dream Matte) and likes it, though I bet it won't beat Illamasqua when I eventually get my hands on one hahaha!! Though it's nice as a cheaper alternative, definitely.

    OMG your Chanel dropped onto the tiles!? Noooooo (criiiiessss with you) ="( On a side note, I'm on that "search for a new foundation kick again" HAHAHA us and foundations

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog :) If you have any advice, questions, or just like to chat, please leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...