Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Illamasqua "Born Again" Collection

WARNING! This film is graphic. There is blood and the issue of death.


I am undecided about this new film from Illamasqua... It delves into the issues of death and being "reborn" with the catch phrase being "To Be Born Again First You Must Die"... At face value, it's pretty heavy stuff.

My over-analytical brain is picking to pieces every little nuance of this film- every camera angle, use of sound, lighting etc but then I thought "Just enjoy the damn video, Annica! It's not about death but releasing your ALTER EGO"

Illamasqua is known, nay FAMOUS, for pushing the boundaries and make people think outside the makeup box. Instead of pretty flowers, butterflies and dolls, Illamasqua explores the darker, more edgier side of makeup. After all, everyone has a "dark side" (that's much more fashionable than Darth Vadar).

This film stars BAFTA Award Winner Vicky McClure who absolutely took my breath away with the depth of her character development (again with the analysing! CURSE YOU MUSICAL THEATRE COURSE!)... Watch the film and let me know what you think. This is the uncut version



I'd really love to hear your thoughts... do you think they've gone too far or is it perfect for the brand?

I think it's perfect for the brand but still a little confrontational... hmmmm

Keep it Haute!

Anni xox

3 comments:

  1. I loved the film. Was confused about what exactly was happening until I reread the Illamasqua email LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh! wow loved it, incredibly disturbing and beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I really like it as an advertisement, but cinematography-wise some parts were creepily beautiful... I agree that it is confrontational. That shot of her eye was amazing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog :) If you have any advice, questions, or just like to chat, please leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...