For my whole life I have been blonde. I have bleached my hair into oblivion for 10 years without a problem. A few months ago my hair started to snap and break off from my very scalp. Needless to say I had a panic attack and rushed to my usual salon looking for a quick fix. Alas, there is no such thing when it comes to chemically damaged hair. My beautiful blonde locks, which I was so proud of, had to be dyed dark and cut short. I was guttered. I felt like I had lost my identity! My next stop: hair extensions!
Now due to me being a typical Gen Y girl, I rushed to get my extensions at the first place possible, without thinking twice and ended up with disastrous results. This lady put in ONLY 100 EXTENSIONS (I previously had 200) at random intervals all over my head. When I questioned why only a hundred she assured me that would be more than enough- “I couldn’t possibly fit any more on your head!” I left her house (yes it was a home job) not feeling confident at all. I was embarrassed to be walking the streets with what I felt like a dead, wilting animal on my head.
A week later I thought enough is enough and got a second opinion at another salon. Sure enough I was told I had nowhere near enough extensions and had 100 KERATIN BONDED extensions put in. Yippee! A full head of gorgeous hair! I was over the moon!
Fast forward a few months and the extensions are growing out. It feels like my hair is being pulled from my scalp due to the sheer weight of the hair. I’m at a loss- where do I go to get them fixed? I have two different types of extensions in my hair- who could fix that? I come to the conclusion that I just want them out, I’ll save up, research and get an amazing set of extensions in from scratch.
So here I am- extensions out (getting keratin bonded extensions out should be a form of torture!) and researching salons and extension methods.
Word of the wise- don’t rush getting extensions. Seriously research salons and methods- it’s worth the wait! The hair extension industry will bully you into thinking their method is the best and only way to go- don’t buy into it. Get a few different opinions and make up your own mind. Only you can really determine what’s best for you and your hair. Only you know how much time and money you are willing to put in. Don’t be an idiot like me!
Keep it Haute!
Annie xoxo
Oh you poor thing, that sounds awful !
ReplyDeleteGood luck getting your hair fixed :) Xo