Ok, there are basically 8 different body types:
- Ruler
- Pear
- Spoon
- Hourglass
- The Top Hourglass
- Inverted Triangle
- Oval
- Diamond
A Ruler shapes body means that your hips and bust are balanced, and your waist is not very well defined. The bottom is flat and you tend to gain weight in your torso. The legs are shapely making them your best asset.
Famous Ruler:
Cameron Diaz
The Pear
As a Pear your hips are larger than your bust and you have a nicely defined waist. You have an elegant neck and proportionately slim arms and shoulders. You first gain weight in your bottom and legs flowed by you tummy and upper body. Your waist is your best feature.
Famous Pear
Jennifer Love Hewitt
The Spoon
As a Spoon Body type (sometimes called figure 8), your hips are larger than your bust and you have a defined to somewhat defined waist. Your hips have a “shelf” appearance and you are prone to gaining weight in your tummy and have a tendency towards love-handles. While you may gain weight in your upper thighs and upper arms, you lower legs and arms are shapely and your best assets
Famous Spoon
I couldn't find a famous Spoon :( If you know of one, tell me!
The Hourglass
Your bust and hips are well balanced and you have a beautifully defined waist. Your have gently rounded shoulders that align nicely with your hips. Your waist is obvious and gracefully curves out to your hips. You most likely have a rounded bottom and beautiful side as well as front profile. Your upper body is proportionate in length to your legs which are shapely.
Famous Hourglass
Scarlett
The Top Hourglass
As a Top Hourglass Body Type, you have a beautifully defined waist and bust that is larger than your hips. You have gently rounded shoulders that align nicely with your hips. Your waist is obvious and gracefully curves out to your hips. You most likely have a rounded bottom and beautiful side as well as front profile. Your upper body is proportionate in length to your legs which are shapely
Famous Top Hourglass
Christina Hendrichs
The Inverted Triangle
As an Inverted Triangle body type, you have a proportionally larger upper body. You have broad shoulders, and ample bust and a wide back. Your hips are slim and your bottom may have a tendency towards the flat side. Your waist is subtle and you have a tendency to gain weight in your belly and upper body. Your beautiful, shapely legs are your best asset.
Famous Inverted Triangle
Naomi Campbell
The Oval
As an Oval body type, you have a large bust, narrow hips, and a full midsection. You have a tendency to gain weight in your stomach, back and upper body. Your waist is undefined and the widest part of your frame. You also have a full, shorter neck and full face. Your buttocks are somewhat flat and your legs are slender. Your shapely legs are your best asset.
Famous Oval
Kathy Bates
The Diamond
As a Diamond body type, your hips are broader than you bust and shoulders and you have a full midsection. You have a tendency to gain weight in you stomach, back, hips and buttocks. Your waist is undefined and the widest part of your frame. You carry some weight in your upper legs, but your lower legs are shapely and one of your most attractive features. You also have proportionately slender, attractive arms
Famous Diamond
Famous Diamonds are also really hard to find
So there you have it! I hope this was informative for you all. Every single body shape here is beautiful and unique with their own little quirks! Be proud of what you have and flaunt your assets the best way you can! Every girl (even me) thinks the "grass is always greener" and "every other woman is perfect but me"... but I challenge you (and myself) to be confident and walk with pride! Hold your head high and stare at life straight in the eyes. Let's stop being so harsh on ourselves and embrace our bodies! Now THAT'S sexy!
Keep it Haute and Confident!
Anni xox
Disclaimer: It's so hard getting accurate pictures of celebrity's bodies as most have been styled within an inch of their lives. Please let me know if I got any wrong!
Information sourced from Shop Your Shape
Images- Google Images








omgosh this is very very helpful! hopefully u can help me define what body shape i have! =D
ReplyDeleteare you coming to the brisbane bloggers event? ^^ hope to see you there!
xoxo
beyonce as a spoon??? kim k??
ReplyDeleteOh I'm definitely a ruler! I have no waist or hips, it's just straight up and down haha
ReplyDelete@.blushfully. I'd love to help you with your body type but I'm sure you already have it down pat!
ReplyDelete@LingTung- I was thinking Beyonce but her shoulders are the same width as her hips :\ GAH it's so hard!
ReplyDeleteFrom behind Kim K has a spoon figure- her bottom is wider than her shoulders! THANKS LING!
@Jess- Oh Jess you say that like it's a bad thing! I'm sure you look amazing and beautiful and dress to perfection!
ReplyDeleteHow good are you :)
ReplyDeleteI think im a mix between a hourglass shape and a pear.
I still have no idea which shape I am. I'm kind of a ruler but I have a small waist.
ReplyDeleteSo confusing! Lol.
But a great post :)
I was inverted triangle (thanks to swimming) but now my body shape is more like a balloon (thanks to my baby girl). Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeletexox
Marusya V
http://crashingred.com
p.s. Following you ;)
@MelindaStella if you have a small waist are you an hourglass? You don't need to have big boobs or hips to be an hourglass- it's all about proportions!
ReplyDelete@Marusya Haha I'm sure you're figure is not as bad as you think- I bet you are STUNNING!
ReplyDeleteIm a ruler/boyish. I absolutely hate it :( Id like a little bit of a figure so i dont feel so much like a child! xx
ReplyDeleteHourglass signing in.
ReplyDeleteOh I love this! I wasn't ever sure out to define my figure and now I do.
ReplyDeleteThanks!
What about Oprah? Would she be a spoon shape?
ReplyDeletethanks for the article as well, love it :-)