Illamasqua describes their new line as:
"Unpredictable. Uncharted. Unnatural. Distorted by mankind. The natural world is fighting back"
In essence, nature is exploding a rainbow of toxic hues- fighting back after years of abuse from society. Out of the acid ashes grows the Toxic Angels flaunting their hybrid shades.
So how was the launch?
Well, it was ok. When I arrived at Illamasqua, I wasn't greeted by the MUA's or introduced to the new line of products. I had to wander around trying to find what was where and even then the whole collection wasn't on display. The only way I really "broke the ice" was because I knew one of the girls getting their transformation done and launched into conversation- that's when interaction with the MUA's started to happen.
I was a little upset when I wasn't asked if I wanted to try any of the products- they seemed more intent on creating a "look" for a group of musicians who waltzed in declaring they needed their faces done for a gig then waltzed out- I mean, I was actually there for the launch. I took the time out of my night to come in and see the collection, and the MUA's were more interested in transforming random people off the street than their own clients! Yeah, it was really weird. And disappointing. I was not asked once if I wanted to see what the products looked like on me. Not once.
Anyway, on a positive note, the counter was beautifully decorated with Toxic foliage, the models were amazing and the treats laid sporadically around the displays were delicious. As always, the products are second to none. Here are some pics from the night:
Toxic Nature Collection (London Launch)
Cream Pigment Swatches (my skin is darkened with tan)
Left to right- Dab (lilac), Mould (grape), Bedaub (mint), Hollow (toffee)
Lipstick Swatches
Left to right- Flare (orange) and Atomic (fuchsia violet)
The sheer lipglosses in Torture (coral peach) and Divine (fuchsia pink) were MIA so I couldn't swatch :(
MUA Tiara
MUA Chad
MUA Deanna 
Toxic Angel
MUA Tiara Transforming a client
Toxic Transformation
Partial Toxic Nature Collection
Toxic Nature Cream Pigment Collection
So, would I buy anything from the collection? YOU BETCHA I WOULD! I ADORE IT! I'd get everything! I love it!
Keep it haute,
Anni xoxo




Those pigments are to die for. Really want Mould, Dab and Delirium!
ReplyDeleteOhh no how disappointing! The make up looked awesome.
ReplyDeleteOh babe, how dissapointing to hear about the MUA's service to you. Hope that doesn't change your opinion of the brand, and not everyone is like that. The sydney staff are all so lovely... you should come shopping in Sydney! Then we'll do an inter-city blogger meet :)
ReplyDeleteThankyou for coming to our Launch Party!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like we might have to offer you a one on one transformation with one of our artists on counter at a time convenient to you to have a private viewing of the Toxic Nature collection, this will ensure maximum service and attention.
Please drop by or give me a call and ill set you up with an artist to Define and Create your very own Toxic look.
Im a little sad to hear how you felt about our service to you at our Launch Party and I value your feedback. I know the collection wasnt in one area during the party as our guests, and artists were very hands on and therefore sharing our testers around.
They do have an area all to themselves where they are displayed and were there from opening that morning up until our party started where they became mobile, however for everyones viewing (and of course touching) they are now back out the front of our counter.
On the Other hand I loved reading that you enjoyed our decorations and treats scattered around our counter. It was so much fun to set up that morning and the feed back has been phenominal.
Thankyou for blogging on our event, and your feedback. I do hope we can redeem your positive opinion when it comes to our service in the future.
Kindest regards
Tiarah Ormsby
Counter Manager
Illamasqua
Brisbane City
32320155
Dearie me! Another Brisbane beauty blogger YAY!! =D Nice to come across your blog - pinkribbons told me. Hehehe...
ReplyDeleteI'm lemming Illamasqua Sheer lipgloss in Divine! ^^
I hope we all Brisbane bloggers can all meet up at an event one day.. That'd be awesome!!
blushfully.blogspot.com