Saturday, January 14, 2012

Luxe vs Less- Fuchsia Pink Lipstick

I've recently dug up two fuchsia pink lipsticks in my makeup bag and thought I'd compare each one with the other:D

The first one is YSL Rouge Personnel Multi-Finish Lipstick in No 28, and the second is Designer Brands Moisturising Lipstick in "Vivid Mauve".

YSL No 28

Crappy product shot: Left: Designer Brands (DB) Vivid Mauve, YSL No 28

Left: DB Vivid Mauve, Right: YSL No 28



YSL Rouge Personnel Multi-Finish Lipstick in No 28
RRP: $40.00
Buy it From: David Jones, Myer



  • Blue based, bright fuchsia pink
  • VERY pigmented
  • Creamy formula
  • Matte texture and finish
  • Easy to apply, doesn't drag on the lips
  • Moisturising
  • Extremely long wearing











DB Vivid Mauve
RRP: $6.99
Buy it From: Priceline, Selected Pharmacies

  • Blue based, light fuchsia pink
  • Matte finish
  • Moderately pigmented
  • Drags slightly on the lips
  • Wears for about 6 hours





Who Won? Less or Luxe?
It's incredibly hard to choose a winner between these two: YSL is so densely pigmented and BRIGHT, it's perfect for night wear, whereas the DB lipstick is more subdued making it perfect for day! I guess it comes down to personal choice and what you're going to be wearing that day.

YSL had the better formula of the two, and longer lasting power (you'd expect it to be better if you're paying $40 for it). However, for a $7 lipstick, Designer Brands have done a fantastic job!

Which one did you like better? Let me know in the comments!

Keep it Haute!

Anni xox
     


4 comments:

  1. I have a couple of DB lipsticks, they're really good! I prefer the colour of the YSL here though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sitting on the fence I promise, I think you wear both of these well! I've often looked at buying the DB lippies so I might consider one next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The YSL one is the winner for me. It literally lights up your face

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer the YSL one on you, but both are pretty! I agree with Gaelle though, it really does light up your face! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog :) If you have any advice, questions, or just like to chat, please leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...